Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Scrap momentum

I made excellent progress this past weekend.  I finished up my string blocks.  There were strings leftover but I culled through them carefully and threw out all the ugly ones which included lots of CW reproduction that had been around, I think, since the Civil War. I just could not stand to look at them anymore!  This is what was left which is in the closet reproducing as I type.


Jeanne over at Spiral (click over and see her) had made some cute blocks with her strings which has inspired me to do the same and move them out quickly.

I also got the borders on Bridie's flower power quilt.  It took longer than I anticipated as I was 6 inches short on the outer border ( this is becoming a standard practice lately) and had to do some "magic" to make it work.  I am happy with the result. I have the back pieced and the binding made.  Once my mono poly thread arrives from Superior, Ava and I will get her done.  Today I am loading Flower Power on Ava.




Since I didn't have to work today, I stayed up late turning the pages on "The End of Your Life Book Club" which I finished.  It was a very good book. If you are a reader and a mom, you will enjoy this one. And I just got a notification that another book is available for me. Feast or Famine, I tell ya!


While Traveling in Blogland, I came across a super idea. I am a Bonnie Hunter fan but there are some folks out there that take stash to the extreme. One of them is Kathy of Kathy's Quilts  (click over and see her).  She is a scrap maniac. I was visiting her and she had a picture of her current leader/ender project. Kathy was using her little binding clips to hold together the parts of her little blocks!

I had been asked to put a picture of Think Pink's backing and label on here so look under "FINALLY FINISHED" if you are interested. 

Finally, here are the ingredients for my next mindless sewing project. As many of you know, March Madness is about to begin so I need something I can sew while I coach from the sidelines! :)

Stay tuned to see how this "recipe" turns out!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspired by your organizing - maybe I can get all my scraps in some kind of order.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Quilter Kathy said...

Hey thanks for the shout out! I'm a scrap maniac for sure! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Libby said...

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Kay said...

How very pretty and spring like that quilt is! And I'm so glad that Superior threads has improved their "invisible" thread. I have always hated the way it shone so much.

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...